What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment method that uses a series of clear aligners that are custom-molded to fit you. The virtually invisible aligners gradually reposition your teeth with a precision controlled by a computerized process without the inconveniences of the wires and brackets of conventional braces. Invisalign is sometimes called invisible braces.
Invisalign IS orthodontics, so we recommend that you choose a dentist with a good background in orthodontics for your Invisalign treatment. Dr. Boudet has many years of experience doing orthodontics and Invisalign in West Palm Beach and applies that knowledge to Invisalign treatment for his patients with great success.
These are the steps required for Invisalign treatment:
- The dentist takes preliminary records and sends them to the manufacturer to create a treatment plan
- The dentist receives and reviews the treatment plan
- You review the treatment with the dentist and if you approve, we ask the manufacturer to fabricate the aligners
- The dentist delivers the first aligners and gives you instructions on use and care
- You can remove your aligners to eat, brush and floss
- You change aligners every two weeks
- Your teeth move little by little�
- At the end of treatment you receive retainers and instructions and you are done!!!
Why Do People Prefer Invisalign?
- You can remove them to eat and clean your teeth
- The convenience and ease of use
- Most people won't notice you're in treatment (invisible braces)
- Clear aligners won't disrupt your lifestyle
- No metal wires or bands to irritate your mouth (clear aligners)